Using the Diaspora SRD, can we make a time-hopping fun game, where players have access to a cluster of times and places in world history. Fully compatible with Diaspora.
Based on an idea on the scattershot page:
- taking our SRD ourselves, and producing (say) two shorter games in other genres. One that's Conan-esque, say, and another in Vietnam. How much would need to be changed? Some, sure, but it would produce a shorter (150pg?) fate game, that would still be Diaspora. That might help pop the original game out of the hard-sf bucket that it seems to be in. Going with this, though, would mean trying to keep things the same as much as possible: changing the skill list some, removing starship battles. Would people buy Diaspora: Bronze Age or Diaspora: Saigon or Diaspora: Lost in Time?
- this is the last of them.
- one stat would need to reflect TL for sure; another on volatility (suseptability to chronal disruption)
- cluster starts small, but there would be rules for adding nodes — chasing someone else fleeing through time. From this it follows that there would be a BP system for different capabilities of time machines.
- PCs can be Regulators (Time Cops) or Tourists.
- PCs are 5-caps; C/T important, perhaps only possible once one has spent 3-4 sessions straight in a node.
- Personal, Social and even Platoon all still viable.
- Space combat recast as Time jumping, perhaps? Less variation between machines, but maybe every leap requires one to out-maneuver tourists in the ether, or paradox beasts?